She was really fussy that first month, and it felt like no matter what we did, we couldn't really calm the fussiness. Things have changed a LOT since then! She's so much happier and we got our first big smile from her in her second month - and now we know just what to do to get a smile...it works just about every time!
Blair has already become a little traveler - we went to the mountains in October for the weekend and just got back from a weekend at the beach yesterday. She's done so well with riding in the car for longer distances and she actually sleeps longer when we're on vacation, it seems like. Always a good thing ;)
Speaking of sleep, she consistently sleeps a solid 6-7 hour stretch every night, waking up at 6:30 or 7am to eat. She then goes back to sleep until 9-9:30am every morning. She likes her sleep...which makes us super happy!
Her two-month doctor visit is the week of Thanksgiving, so she'll actually be 10 weeks when that happens...and she has to get her shots, so that's no fun! Also, we weighed her at my parents' house because it seemed like she had a major growth spurt all of the sudden - and it looks like she weighs 12.6 pounds! Once she caught up to her birth weight, she started growing like crazy, apparently. So...all of the newborn clothes have been packed away and she's comfortably in 3-month clothes. :(
- Sitting in her swing looking all around the room
- Holding up her head like a pro
- Watching TV :( We found this out a few weeks ago...we definitely don't encourage it, but it's pretty funny when you realize she's watching TV and you turn her away...she starts whining. At least she prefers to watch How I Met Your Mother.
- Her activity mat. She can roll from her stomach to her back, but not quite from her back to her stomach. She likes laying on her side but won't roll any farther ;)
- Being held
- Her pacifier...still. I think the pacifier isn't going to happen at this point. ;)
- Being strapped into her car seat. She screams bloody murder when we're putting her in there...but once she's content, she'll sleep for a long time...as long as we're moving (in the car, with the stroller, rocking the car seat, etc.)
- Having her arms swaddled
- Getting out of the bathtub and drying off. I think she hates being cold...wonder where she got that from ;)
- Putting on onesies and shirts...she absolutely hates when we pull the outfit over her head!